Friday, January 11, 2013

Marie

Ballerina skirt


Dress: Saks (Panama)
Tights: Topshop.com
Necklace & earrings: eBay.com
Shoes: La Onda (Panama)
Clutch: Asos.com

Where:
Work + Opera

Get the look:
Pair a black and white dress  with black pumps and a very colorful necklace.


I took advantage of the occasion by dressing up in this simple black and white dress and this colorful necklace. I added a little unexpected twist with the star tights! I really love how they add life to the back of the outfit.

Feminine skirt


{Shirt: Used to be my sisters  ;  Skirt: H&M (old)  ;  Carlos Santana Heels: BMB (Panama)   ;  Clutch: Present from my parents }

Tights with flats



White sweater: Present from my brother (Europe)
Floral skirt: Saks (Panama)
Red belt: Madison (Panama)
Brown tights: Target
Fishnets: El Costo (Panama)
Red Jessica Simpson flats: Estampa (Panama)
Red Xoxo purse: Macy's
Red beret: Forever XXI

Where: Bingo night! Didn't win anything, but I had loads of fun anyway :)

Today is the first time I ever wear tights with flats. I usually like wearing tights with boots or booties.You can't really see by the photos, but I am wearing fishnets over my brown tights which gives them much more depth and interest. Flats really shows off the pattern of the tights. And of course, flats are much more comfy to walk in :)

Crazy Floral tights



Pink dress: ? (Panama)
Purple cardi: ? (Panama)
Black belt: El Costo (Panama)
Floral tights: Marshall's
Black booties: Payless Shoe Source
Black Liz Claiborne purse: TJ Maxx

Where: Spent most of my day resting at home and shopping online.

Comments:
Today I am wearing this crazy floral tights and I'm loving it! I always have the hardest time trying to make an outfit with these tights. My usual strategy is to make an interesting color combo, like this pink and purple pairing, and then leave everything else simple. This allows the floral tights to be the center of attention without making the rest of the outfit boring.

Sophisticated black turtleneck





Black turtleneck: ? (Panama)
Patterned skirt: H&M
Gray belt: Madison (Panama)
Pink tights: JC Penny's
Black pumps: ? (Panama)
Black Liz Claiborne purse: TJ Maxx

For some reason, I always feel so sophisticated and classy when I wear a simple black turtleneck. Something about this item just seems so timeless and feminine to me.
I really like how it goes with this patterned skirt which, btw, I have worn way to many times... hehe. Since today is the first day of my colored tights challenge, I decided to add a pop of color with these bright pink tights!

Zigzags & butterflies



Black dress: ? (Panama)
Patterned tights: Marshall's
Black pumps: La Onda (Panama)
Red Liz Claiborne purse: TJ Maxx
Faux pearl necklaces: Pasarela (Panama)

Where:
Work + Had dinner

So today I decided to wear not only these crazy zigzag tights (which NOBODY in Panama would ever wear), but I also decided to pair it with a butterfly patterned dress. And as if that pattern mixing wasn't enough, I also threw in some faux pearl necklaces and a pop of color purse!

No comments: